- The six senior centers in Greene County play a vital role in helping older adults maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Each center is unique to the community in which it is located reflecting lifestyles of participating members.
- Activities include all types of recreation.
- The centers provide a foundation to build new friendships based on common interests.
- The senior centers welcome new members and encourage them to call ahead and ask for a site supervisor if more information is desired. The site supervisor can help to ensure that your first visit is a success.
What Services are Offered at the Senior Centers?
- Socialization, recreation, education, health screenings, exercise and a hot congregate meal
- Function as a point of entry for many community based programs and as an informational hub for community events
- Many centers are also equipped with computers including Internet access to expand horizons beyond this county.
The Senior Center is a point of entry to services and a catalyst that mobilizes resources; that disseminates knowledge to generate motivation and opportunities, helping older adults avoid excess disability by retaining skills, while helping others attain new skills required for self-sufficiency.
- Anyone 55 years of age or older, or whose spouse is age 55 or older.
- Family and friends are invited to visit during hours of operation to see what we offer
For more information, please contact:
1-877-814-0788 x543 (toll free)
724-852-2893 x543 (Greene County)